The Hawaiʻi Chapter and its groups on Hawaiʻi Island, Maui, Oʻahu, and Kauaʻi are currently seeking nominations for the 2020 Executive Committees. If you or someone you know is interested in running in our upcoming ExCom election, please fill out the form below by August 15 to nominate yourself/them.
Below are Executive Committee member responsibilities, please review before submitting your nomination.
Executive Committee Member Responsibilities
- Understand and promote the mission of the Sierra Club
- Attend all Executive Committee meetings and General meetings
- Lead and provide educational training and/or conservation opportunities to the general membership
- Promote the Outings Program
- Participate in long range planning
- Actively assist in fundraising activities or contribute financially
- Ensure financial stability and solvency
- Modify and allocate resources; must be consistent with the opportunities, the abilities, and the commitment of the chapter/group
- Monitor, question, and evaluate club activities
- Provide Leadership and Vision within the chapter/group
- Contribute a sense of camaraderie and teamwork