Now more than ever, Hawai‘i’s environment needs your support. Looking for a way to help? Join us at the Sierra Club of Hawai‘i and consider running for a seat on the Hawai‘i Chapter, O‘ahu, Kaua‘i, Maui, or Moku Loa Group Executive Committee.
Below are Executive Committee member responsibilities, please review before submitting your nomination.
Executive Committee Member Responsibilities
- Understand and promote the mission of the Sierra Club
- Attend all Executive Committee meetings and General meetings
- Lead and provide educational training and/or conservation opportunities to the general membership
- Promote the Outings Program
- Participate in long range planning
- Actively assist in fundraising activities or contribute financially
- Ensure financial stability and solvency
- Modify and allocate resources; must be consistent with the opportunities, the abilities, and the commitment of the chapter/group
- Monitor, question, and evaluate club activities
- Provide Leadership and Vision within the chapter/group
- Contribute a sense of camaraderie and teamwork